May 13-16th 2019, Hotel ”Avala Resort and Villas” Budva
With the sponsorship program of the Ministry of Sustainable Development and Tourism, the jubilee X Festival of Real Estate Investments – FREI 2019 will be held in Budva, from 13-16th of May.
When talking about FREI, we inevitably have to mention the city in which it takes place – Budva. Budva is a perfect place for FREI gathering, due to both pleasant and mild climate as well as beautiful sea.
Hospitality of people from Budva, fascinating coastal landscapes, and comfort of the hotel “Avala Resort & Villas” contribute to the efforts of the Organiser to ensure that all participants enjoy great atmosphere.
33 companies and institutions presented themselves at this year’s FREI, 19 of them through FREI Exhibition form.
Regional Conference: Tourist Function of Maritime Affairs was held on the third day of FREI by PE for Montenegrin Coastal Zone Management. The Ministry of Sustainable Development and Tourism held a presentation on the topic of International competition for the urbanistic and architectural concept design of the promenade in Budva.
The presentations Investing in Montenegro and Croatia: Some thoughts from a foreign eye over 15 years and Hotels & Residential in a Mixed-Use Development attracted particular attention of the visitors.
In keeping with tradition, on the third day of FREI recognitions and awards were assigned as follows:
1. For contribution to the program quality of the jubilee FREI 2019 through the organization of the panel “Citizenship-by-Investment Program – New Competitive Trump Card in Attracting Foreign Investments“, a Special Recognition award is presented to the Secretariat for Development Projects of Montenegro.
2. The Award for originality and composite quality at the 10th FREI – Festival of Investments and Real Estate is awarded to the project - Ananti Resort, Residences and Beach Club.
3. For an original approach to real-estate development in the context of sustainability and environment homogeneity of the Luštica Bay project, a Special Recognition award is presented to Luštica Development company.
4. For continuity of improvement and a high level of implementation achieved, this year’s jubilee FREI presents a Special Recognition award to Porto Montenegro project.
5. Azmont Investments is presented with a Special Recognition award for attractiveness, complexity and outstanding reference value of the Portonovi project.
The second day of the jubilee FREI started with an interesting panel hosted by the Secretariat for Development Projects of Montenegro regarding the Citizenship-by-Investment Program – A New Competitive Trump Card for Attracting Foreign Investments.
The section titled Success Stories attracted a lot of attention of the audience both by excellent presentations and interesting topics: Reality and Future (by Porto Montenegro), Key Success Factors of Global Citizenship-by-Investment Programs (by Henley & Partners), Modern Data Centres: Examples of Good Practice in Montenegro (by Čikom), and Tivat – a City that Shapes the Future (by Municipality of Tivat).
Investment in Infrastructure – the Precondition for the Development of the Northern Region of Montenegro was the title of the presentation held by deputy director of the Montenegrin Public Works Directorate Maja Djurovic-Delic.
Lectures by invitation were held by Ana Kaluđerović and Aleksandra Stanislavljević about the Nikola Tesla Airport Concession, presented in the context of a message to the region, while Mr. Miloš Popović presented the Ski Resorts of Montenegro.
The second panel at this year’s FREI was dedicated to the Growth Barriers in Luxury Tourism, and was hosted by Horwath HTL, FREI’s Special Partner.
Finally, Crveno & Crno, well-known Montenegrin band, entertained FREI participants with various songs from the local and international music scene.
Minister of Sustainable Development and Tourism Pavle Radulović held an introductory presentation on Investments in Tourism Development of Montenegro – Results and Future Expectations at the tenth jubilee Real Estate and Investment Festival – FREI 2019, while the Minister of Economy Dragica Sekulić spoke about an attractive topic, i.e. How to Stimulate Investments of Domestic Economy at this year’s FREI.
The Executive Director of the Foreign Investors Council Ivan Radulovic presented the activities of this Council, and spoke about the business environment in Montenegro. The general sponsor of the jubilee FREI, Azmont Investments, drew attention of the audience by their presentation of Portonovi – A Magnificent Pearl of Boka Bay, while Andrej Šimatić, senior project manager at Horwath HTL, talked about the Benchmarking of Hotel Industry in Montenegro.
After the opening speeches, Minister Pavle Radulovic visited the FREI exhibition. For the rest of the evening, the participants were entertained by the Vis Tetra band.